Friday, November 28, 2008

My Fine Dining Experiences

My fine dining experiences with Mr. Vincent Kok. He should get some credit from me.

The last time I came back to KL, he brought us to Alexis in Great Eastern Mall for tea-High Tea.
Alexis is a famous bistro in Klang Valley. They have some other outlet in Bangsar, Garden, and few more.

We ordered the =Tiramisu=, which is very soft the texture and the topping was very nutty walnut and sweet crispy caramel layer. I was never a friend of caramel (I don't eat cloud 9) but this creek crack of caramel was totally different. What I like the most was the serving was it actually come with some BERRY jam, either it was strawberry or raspberry jam, this I would say divine. Have you ever have this combination? Cake with jam. By the way, it might not be recognize, but I do not know what to call it. Let it be the divine raspberry jam. Imagining you are Remy in Ratatouille. Cheese and Grapes...close your eyes...ermm hmmm...

There we tried another piece of chocolate fudge ka, can't really remember, it was months ago. However I can still recall that it was serve warm. Would be a good choice for the babes in town.
Since I was preparing my Sarawak working and travel trip, I ask for a Sarawak Laksa. When I was half way to finish it. I felt weired. Don't worry, it was not about the food. I then realise, this is not Sarawak Laksa to me, it was Curry. The KayeLL people just like to call every thing laksa. Anyway, it was one big bowl of Curry.

I wish to go there again someday to enjoy the Jazz performance.

aLexis aMpang,
Lot 10 & 11
Great Eastern Mall
303 Jalan Ampang
50450 Kuala Lumpur
T 603 4260 2288

It was the first experience.

Today we decided to have our late dinner at CPK, Suria KLCC. California Pizza Kitchen. I wish I am a photo blogger, but I still don't have my own camera yet.

By the way, there are four of us, we only order 1 appetizer, 1 pizza, 1 pasta. That was very fulfilling, perhaps, there are mainly me and Chi Kuan who play the eating part. The other two was not very helpful.

Mr. Vincent order the appetizer, thus I do not know the name of it. I found this in the US CPK's site. We probably have this

Herb-Onion Focaccia with Checca

Italian-style herb-onion pizza bread hearth baked and served with a fresh combination of Roma tomatoes, basil, garlic, and extra-virgin olive oil.


OR something similar, by the way, I am quite sure we have something with the describe Checca. I like it witht he tomato cube, it taste Iranian. Heard it was something middle east dish too. Make sense then.

We order the Mushroom Pepperoni Sausage pizza-Fresh mushrooms, pepperoni, sweet Italian sausage, Mozzarella cheese and our tomato sauce. While for pasta we made it Marsala Marinara-that was another full bowl of mushroom too. I like that.

The shrimp was so fresh, as someone indeed spilled it out. Anyway bravo the big button mushroom, guess I was influence by the little Iranian evil- Mushroom Monster. I started discover that, I actually like button mushroom too.

The serving is big enough. At first I doubt that why the other are not ordering. Then I realize that he was right, we can't finish all that. Lemonade was good. Cranberry Juice makes someone happy.

California Pizza Kitchen
Lot No. 140, Level 1,
Suria Klcc, Kuala Lumpur 50088,
Wilayah Persekutuan

p: 603-3820512 f: 603-3820516


No comments: